PLENTY Twenty / Plenty 20
Welcome to the online bit of my SALA art exhibition for 2020! The in-person bit is at Mockingbird Lounge August 7 – Sept 3, 2020.
The collection of 12 paintings contains quite a few moments of fleeting yet undeniable beauty from lockdown.
Twelve Still Lifes
I think the idea that ” Still Lifes are peace and prosperity in miniature” is true, don’t you? My still lifes [that is the correct plural, by the way] are an acknowledgment of microcosms of delight … reflecting beauty in the everyday.
- Food is nourishment. You’ll note pears feature in this collection. A dicey time with health and diet has pears as my current primary fruit! I’m grateful, they are a great shape to draw, and their green colours so juicy! #pearappreciation
- Fortunately for us flowers – besides their biological function – bring joy to humans, too! Nasturtiums are one of my exuberant garden favourites, along with marigolds and small handfuls of daisies.
- Pattern – oh, the sheer delight! And the joy of colour, kindred spirit … Mmmm…
- Check out all twelve paintings – and their backstories – online here.
Take a piece of the exhibition home!
- An original painting will bring a unique, buoyant energy to your wall. Make one your own! Pictures are custom framed and your new artwork can be collected from Mockingbird Lounge after the exhibition.
- Companion calendars – a collection of the twelve exhibition images combined with 2021 dates, and quotes of goodness and individuality
- An exhibition pack of 12 cards to send your love
- If you can’t be at the exhibition in person for whatever reason, you can make a piece of it yours online (see below). Check out the pictures online here.
How fortunate I am to hang my visual stories amongst books full of stories! Thanks for hosting me and my artwork, Stacey! Loving the books, spaces and delicious café smells at your new home at 68 Broadway, Glenelg South, 5045, SA.
Phone: (Australia) 08 8294 3398.
Mockingbird Lounge is a community-focussed book store, with book clubs and crochet and real china cups of tea, coffee and soup, and more! Read what people say about Mockingbird Lounge here. And here.
Exhibition / Venue Open Hours
Exhibition and venue are open 10am-4pm, Seven Days.
Mockingbird Lounge is reopened after moving premises, and this is the first exhibition in their new home! Note the signs when you’re there regarding limits on how many people can be in each area due to COVID restrictions.
Exhibition runs from August 7 to September 3, 2020.
Stay in the loop!
Follow me on Facebook and instagram
Follow Mockingbird Lounge on Facebook and instagram
Follow this exhibition on Facebook if you like to remember events that way.
Join my mailing list for behind the scenes glimpses leading up to the exhibition!
You’ll also find us on the SALA website.
Make your favourite your own!
One-of-a-kind pictures will be available in July only on-line (see below) and in August only from the exhibition venue. This is so we don’t inadvertently sell a one-off item to two separate people. Check out the artworks online here.
However, calendars and cards – items there are multiples of – are available at both the exhibition and below until sold out.