I’m going to make 100 pictures in 2018 … that’s my bold art project for
the several year(s)!
Did I have you at bold art project? Click this to see the goodness and collect a few pieces along the way in my gallery shop! For more details read on…
Follow along on Facebook and Instagram [or even better, sign up for the Tangerine Treasury with insider emails and deals] and watch the audacious undertaking unfold!
100 Pictures Project, Rules
- The 100 Pictures Project pictures can be small, middle-sized or big
- The medium can be lino print, pen and watercolour, a sketch turned computer illustration, a pattern design, a colouring page, or anything else that’s a fair equivalent
- The 100 Pictures will comprise 10 each of these 10 themes:
black & white animals,
cups & mugs.
- I can categorise a picture however I see fit, but check off only one box per picture. [Later: I filled up one category and not the other nine, so I’m not categorising any more!]
- If I started a picture in 2017 and finish in 2018 it can be counted, but if I start a piece in 2018 and complete in 2019 that won’t be counted. [I say this knowing I have 2 lino prints verging on ready to print! Likely I’ll start some this year and complete in 2019, too!]
- The hashtag is #100PicturesProject if you want to search for progress over the next months, the images will build up.
- I might make calendars with the pictures, but am not focussing on that initially.
- You can certainly buy these along the way if you want to own a piece of this 100-piece body of original artwork! [It helps me keep the stove and computer running too!] And, as always, 10% of sales goes to a great cause :)
- This 100 Pictures Project will utilise my focus-when-I-have-a-chart-to-tick-things-off to advantage, serving to make me delve into my chosen themes and prioritising making artwork over generally getting distracted.
- I reserve the right to change these self-declared parameters if they just aren’t serving. Or extend the time! [I estimated my 50th Birthday project taking 2 months, and it took 10!][Later: Hello, 2021! Hello, Pandemic, lockdowns, massive amounts of re-grouping…]
100 Pictures Project, Motto
Continuous effort – not strength, luck, money or intelligence – is the key to unlocking our potential.
~ Winston Churchill
I’m gonna need reminding of that while chipping like a-bird-punching-at-a-diamond-with-a-tardis-inside at the 100 pictures! #doctorwhoreference
100 Pictures Project, Keep in Touch
Keep in the loop as I build this body of artwork! Buy now online, or, when I show you as an email subscriber (when the paint’s only just dry), or, search using the project hashtag #100PicturesProject to see the development with work in progress photos on Facebook and Instagram! Join my mailing list to get sweet subscriber deals (coming soon), access to the Tangerine Treasury, and there’s
going to be maybe (or maybe not now, thanks pandemic uncertainty) a special event for 100 Pictures Project Art Collectors at the end (which I’ll announce if/when it has form!)
See you on Facebook and Instagram and in your inBox!
Meg x o
PS Summary blog post, pictures 1-5 is here.
Summary blog post, pictures 6-10.
Blog post, pictures 11 to 20.
Pictures 21-32, gather up blog post
33-38 blog post wrap up
39-48 (coming soon)
there are a few more blog updates … and…
… who am I kidding, it’s gonna be a 2-year project! That’s ok… still progressing!