[I’ll leave this post here for posterity, but many of the links were just for this particular fundraiser – the ones that don’t work anymore have been removed]
Hello Bold Souls!
I have been thinking a lot about general devastation and about Haiti and about both… and about how lucky I am to be safe and well and in a position to help. Perhaps you would like to join me.
Today I am posting:
1 a link to my offering (Serendipity pack of 7 art cards),
2 some, I mean a lot, of favourites from the etsy Hearts for Haiti shop, and
3 some other great charity links.
Already $14,000+ has been raised but the Hearts for Haiti etsy shop. Wow! Wouldn’t it be great to add to that? You can also read a blog about the progress of the shop. The idea with the Heart theme is to encourage Valentine’s Day gift makers/buyers, but all handmade things are welcome. Incidentally, I realised I have no exisiting heart images, which surprised me, and needs to be rectified :)
My offering is a “Serendipity” mixed pack of 7 art cards for $30 [no longer on offer] – each usually $5. The money goes (minus Paypal and etsy fees) to Doctors without Borders, and myself and the other makers are covering postage. So 7 for $30, with free postage anywhere in the world. I would love to start by contributing $300ish towards the cause so I have 10 packs on offer.
My ‘Hearts for Haiti’ etsy shop favourites (so far) selected just for you from the 35 36 40 pages of goodies… Get yourself a present or stock up for loved ones special gifts during the year (yey being organised!)
$15 and under
- ‘Beautiful Day’ black and white art print by zengarden
- Heart Digital collage by analiese
- Kid’s hat [link removed] by beberagz
- Bent wire Wild West bookmark [link removed] with choice of 3 pictures by NORIK, or a heart/doodle bookmark mix from visionQuest
- Photographic print of cat (this also in cat category, below) by 2nifty
- Fun Sock Kitty tutorial [link removed] (this also in cat category, below) by cuddlet
- ceramic trinket dish by ginpins
- Sweet earrings with hearts by sweetside
- Recipes and tips in It’s a Vegan Dog’s Life book by vegandogslife
- Digital bunny and me stamp by Softpencil
- Hearts for Haiti heart charms by CheapBoutiqueSupplies
- Hooray! Re-usable produce bags [link removed] by greenmumtotes
- tiny fish hair clip by bloomz
- Photograph of lovely vintage rose [link removed] by petuniaz
$15 to $49
- Groovy neck wrap/decoration by plumfish [link removed]
- Cute heart pendant by kvoss designs [link removed],
- Goddess pin doll [link removed] by Whimsigals,
- Hand-painted heart drawer knobs [link removed] by LeilasLoft
- Colored pencil tree drawing by Jen O’Connell
- Handsewn handbag (purse) [link removed] by uniquestitches
- Goodlooking, rustic, almost primitive heart pendant [link removed] by clynstudio
- Girl’s decorated long cardigan [link removed] by 3littlebirdsboutique
- Soft crocheted iPhone pouch by bonnieboon
- Toddlers crocheted hat [link removed] by ifanhour
- Cool sterling silver hand pendant [link removed] on cord by echoandwild
- Crocheted roses in a heart box [link removed] by willo
- Heart dog tag pendant by Beadsinthebelfry
- Beanie with built in knitted beard by taraduff
- Flower earrings – yey flower power – by Kibble2008 (for pierced ears)
- Funky kids heart design red tshirt by curlymonkey
- Adults wool hat [link removed] by grannysknits – pretty colours
- Groovalicious textured earrings by simplyadorning
- Gorgeous decorated frame [link removed] by burnedfurniture
- Lino print with a story by fattybird
- Eco-friendly [link removed] quilt by nacyanne
- beautiful mixed media painting [link removed] by pamcarriker
- recycled sari silk neckpiece by plumfish
- Cat pendant necklace [link removed] by purpleandlime
- Photographic print of cat (also under $15) by 2nifty
- awesome Cheshire Cat glow in the Dark tshirts by banyantreeclothing
- Fun Sock Kitty tutorial [link removed] (also under $15) by cuddlet
If there are any artisans’ work that you specially like there is a link to their etsy shop on the same page. I think I have some new favourite shops!
If you need help completing your purchase or want to pay with a credit card without joining Paypal, check out this link www.etsy.com/help_guide_checkout.php
Great charities offering assistance to Haitians:
And for the Adelaide-based, a rock concert [link removed] in a couple of weeks.
I’m gonna hit publish now. See you soon. Take care… let us care for each other the best we can.