I’ve just set upon an audacious goal for an art project this year: 100 pictures in 2018.
There are so many pictures I want to do, have been ‘meaning’ to do … so many series and themes I’ve been meaning to play with. To
force gee myself along to make headway on these pieces, this morning I’ve decided in 2018 to aim for 100 pictures! Holy Moly.
100 Pictures Project, Rules
- The 100 Pictures Project pictures can be small, middle-sized or big
- The medium can be lino print, pen and watercolour, a sketch turned computer illustration, a pattern design, a colouring page, or anything else that’s a fair equivalent
- The 100 Pictures will comprise 10 each of these 10 themes:
black & white animals,
cups & mugs.
- I can categorise a picture however I see fit, but check off only one box per picture
- If I started a picture in 2017 and finish in 2018 it can be counted, but if I start a piece in 2018 and complete in 2019 that won’t be counted. [I say this knowing I have 2 lino prints verging on ready to print! Likely I’ll start some this year and complete in 2019, too!]
- The hashtag is #100PicturesProject if you want to search for progress over the next months, the images will build up. [I’ll make that into a link once it’s ‘worth’ searching!]
- I will probably make calendars with the pictures, but am not focussing on that initially
- You can certainly buy these along the way if you want to own a piece of this 100-piece body of original artwork! [Thank you! That helps keep the stove and computer running too!]
- Cards? Giclee Prints? Maybe … yet to be decided! Do you like the sound of that?
- This art project will utilise my tendency towards
compulsionfocus-when-I-have-a-chart-to-tick-things-off to good advantage, serving to make meencourage me to delve into my chosen themes and prioritising making artwork over generally getting distracted.
- I reserve the right to change these self-declared art project parameters if they just aren’t serving. Or extend the time! [I estimated my 50th Birthday project taking 2 months, and it took 10!]
- This is a blog post/weblog/journal article! The official webpage for the 100 Pictures Project is here.
100 Pictures Project, Motto
Note, in this ^^^ double exposure photographic self-portrait, the start of this quote:
Continuous effort – not strength, luck, money or intelligence – is the key to unlocking our potential.
~ Winston Churchill
… which is one of my faves on my new Vision Board for 2018, and I wholeheartedly believe it! Everything I’ve ever impressed myself by achieving has taken the long way round, and I’m gonna need reminding of it almost every day while I chip like a-bird-punching-at-a-diamond-with-a-tardis-inside at the 100 pictures!
I’d love to hear in the comments section if you have a specific art project or goal – or other life area – for 2018.
I’ll get on and post this now – I’ve got pictures to make!
Talk soon, Mwah!
Love Meg x o
PS There are still some 2018 calendars left… I’ll adjust the gallery shop to reflect if/when I have Still Lifes coming back from stockists (though they seem largely to have sold out) and currently I have 8 Cat-themed, and 22 Bold-Women-themed ones in hand. 10% off for everyone. (Members have had full choice and 10% off since I did the print run. Join here for next year (and freebies)!)
PS2 Please share along a link to this 100 Pictures Project to any friends who you think might like it… it’ll be fun to welcome more kindred spirits to the tribe, yes?
#catlovers #gardeners #indieartcollectors #boldsouls #boldartlovers #happyartlovers #originalartcollectors
PS3 In the header image at top, check out my new red necklace from Teahouse Glass – love.love.love it! Click this to check out similar ones in the fabulous Annie Kuhn’s online shop.SaveSave